Booking a flu appointment
THE AUTOMATED TELEPHONE SYSTEM IS AVAILABLE TO USE 24 HOURS A DAY.
Please be patient when using the automated system, the phone will ring, and connect as soon as possible. There can be a slight delay.
How: Using the specially installed automated telephone booking system to book flu vaccination clinic dates and times following the instructions below.
Why: This year due to the COVID-19 pandemic we are expecting a high demand for flu vaccinations. By using the special automated telephone system you will allow other patients to access the care navigators and the appropriate clinician without the switchboard becoming overwhelmed.
TO CHECK YOU ARE ELIGIBLE FOR A FREE FLU VACCINATION CLICK HERE
- From a touch tone phone dial 01608 642742
- Placing your phone on loudspeaker will make it easier for you to hear the options and make a selection on the keypad
- Press option 4 to ‘book a flu appointment’
- Verification will be required (date of birth and your telephone number)
- The telephone number can be a landline or mobile but must be registered at the Health Centre
- If you’re booking on behalf of someone else please ensure you have their details to hand
- You will be asked to enter your date of birth followed by the * key
- You will be asked to enter your landline or mobile phone number followed by the * key
- To make a new appointment press 1
- To check, change, or cancel an existing appointment press 2
- You will be told to select option 1 (if you are aged 65+) or option 2 (if you are aged 18-64) to book your appointment
- The automated system will give you a selection of flu clinic dates to choose from
- Press 0 for the next available appointment or choose a particular clinic date instead
- If you choose a date you can select a preferred time of day for your appointment morning or afternoon
- For the next available flu appointment press 0
- For a morning appointment press 1
- For an afternoon appointment press 2
- The system will find an available appointment, press 0 to book this appointment or
- Press 1 to go to the next available appointment
- When you have booked your appointment the system will inform you that it has successfully been booked (we would recommend that you make a note of your date and time) If we have your mobile number on record you will receive a text reminder 1 day before
NOTE: The system will ask you if you wish to book an appointment for someone else after you have booked yours. If you and anyone else you are booking for have both booked an appointment but your timings are not the same; please give us a call on 01608 642742.