Are you ready to stop smoking?
Maybe you have been thinking about stopping smoking for some time now. Perhaps you have identified a variety of reasons why you want to stop smoking.
Here are a list of reasons why some people want to stop smoking:
- They hate doing it
- They know that it can be very harmful to their health
- They hate the smell of old tobacco on their clothes and breath
- It is becoming socially unacceptable
- They feel that they are not setting the right example to their children
- It costs them a fortune (particularly if you add up the amount spent on cigarettes over the course of a year – see the Smoking Quitters Cost Tool)
- They are frightened of getting a major illness
- They have an illness which smoking could make worse
Maybe you have other reasons why you want to stop – why not think about your reasons and then:
Contact the surgery on 01608 642742 and make an appointment to see one of the Smoking Cessation Team.
You will be given an initial appointment for about 20 minutes and then followed up regularly to help support you through the stopping phase.
It just may be the best thing you do this year!
Useful External Links to help you stop smoking:
- Gosmokefree – This website contains detailed information about the free NHS support services.
- Smoking Cessation – NHS Choices Site – if you smoke, giving up is probably the greatest single step you can take to improve your health.
- Quit Org. – Quit is the independent charity whose aim is to save lives by helping smokers to stop.
- Smoking Quitters Cost Tool – Calculate the money you will save with NHS Direct quitters cost calculator and plan how to spend it.
- ASH – Action on Smoking and Health (ASH) is a campaigning public health charity that works to eliminate the harm caused by tobacco.
- Why give up smoking? – Find out what makes smoking harmful.