What is the Minor Eye Conditions Service (MECS)?
Chipping Norton Opticians is based at Chipping Norton Health Centre and run by Chris and Kimberley Gascoigne. They are both trained Optometrists. They can see patients for routine NHS and private eye tests. You do not have to be registered with the Health Centre to use Chipping Norton Opticians.
The Minor Eye Conditions Service that they provide is the only one of its kind in the Chipping Norton area and is NHS funded.
The minor eye conditions they can treat include;
- Red eye or eyelids
- Dry, gritty, irritable and uncomfortable eyes
- Sticky or watery discharge from the eye
- Recently occurring flashes and/ or floaters
- Painful eye including pain with bright lights
- In-growing eyelashes
- Recent and sudden change in vision
- Foreign body in the eye
- Unusual eye appearance (lumps and bumps)
If you have any of the above conditions you can call the Health Centre and our Care Navigation Team will either transfer your call directly to the Opticians or recommend that you phone the Opticians on 01608 648012. Chris or Kimberley will triage your condition and will offer you an appointment to be seen if necessary. If the eye condition is very severe they may refer you on to Eye Casualty.