What injuries are treated by FAU?
Staffed by an emergency care practitioner FAU treats the following types of injuries:
- Simple injuries that cannot be treated/managed with a home first aid kit
- Cleaning and simple stitching of wounds
- Insect bites and stings
- Minor burns and scalds (not involving the face, neck, feet, hands and genital area)
- A foreign body in the eye
- Bumps to the head where there has been no loss of consciousness
- Sprains (If the emergency care practitioner thinks that you have broken a bone you will be referred onto a minor injuries unit or an A&E department
If in doubt as to whether your injury can be treated at the first aid unit please call a member of staff at the unit on 01608 903908.
Monday – Friday (excluding Bank Holidays) from 17.00 – 21.00.
Weekends and bank Holidays from 10:00 – 21.00.
You do not need to make an appointment the FAU is a drop-in service.
Chipping Norton First Aid Unit
Chipping Norton War Memorial Community Hospital
Russell Way, off London Road
Tel: 01608 648233