The first aid unit will be re-opening soon – the way they manage patients will be different to before. We will inform you of the changes (17.07.20)
What injuries are treated by FAU?
Staffed by an emergency care practitioner FAU treats the following types of injuries:
- Simple injuries that cannot be treated/managed with a home first aid kit
- Cleaning and simple stitching of wounds
- Insect bites and stings
- Minor burns and scalds (not involving the face, neck, feet, hands and genital area)
- A foreign body in the eye
- Bumps to the head where there has been no loss of consciousness
- Sprains (If the emergency care practitioner thinks that you have broken a bone you will be referred onto a minor injuries unit or an A&E department
Monday – Friday (excluding Bank Holidays) from 17.00 – 21.00.
Weekends and bank Holidays from 10:00 – 21.00.
Chipping Norton First Aid Unit
Chipping Norton Health Centre
Russell Way, off London Road
Tel: 01608 648831
NHS Choices Page